Re: v2.0-rc1 not starting, runtime not building

От Dave Page
Тема Re: v2.0-rc1 not starting, runtime not building
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 11:24 AM, Willy-Bas Loos <willybas@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I just did a pull from Git and trouble starting pgAdmin4 since.
I am now at commit 512afd66182f463e6ce9515910205dcf0221e58c
This is on ubuntu 16.04.03, using python3 and firefox 55.0.2
I did a fresh pip install -r requirements.txt

With Debug = True, i got the following errors and execution aborted:

(pgadmin4) wbloos@wb:~/python-files/pgadmin4/web$ python pgAdmin4.py
ERROR: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'run'
2017-09-11 17:18:39,412: ERROR    pgadmin:    Unable to generate javascript
2017-09-11 17:18:39,412: ERROR    pgadmin:    To run the app ensure that yarn install command runs successfully
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "pgAdmin4.py", line 79, in <module>
    raise Exception("No generated javascript, aborting")
Exception: No generated javascript, aborting

With Debug = False, the server starts (Starting pgAdmin 4. Please navigate to http://127.0.0.1:5050 in your browser.)
But when visiting that page, there's no CSS is the background and a grey layer in the foreground, displayiong the text "Loading pgAdmin 4 v2.0-rc1.." without any progress.

I checked where the Erno 2 comes from, it's in the function try_building_js() of javascript_bundler.py . The line that calls yarn.

I tried entering the web directory and running yarn install, and that's where i find the same error again:
ERROR: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'install'
The same goes for "yarn run" and "yarn --run=bundle:dev"

If you're getting those errors when running yarn directly, that implies there's something wrong with your yarn installation. What is the full output from "yarn install" when run from the web/ directory?

Is there a file missing?
I'm not sure if this is also the cause of the web page not loading. The line of code is only executed if Debug=True

Also, the desktop runtime is (still) not building (same in both checked out versions).

(pgadmin4) wbloos@wb:~/python-files/pgadmin4/runtime$ qmake
Project MESSAGE: Building for QT5+...
Project MESSAGE: Using QWebEngine...
Project MESSAGE: Building for Linux/Mac...
Project MESSAGE: Using /home/wbloos/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/bin/python-config
Project MESSAGE: Python3 detected.
Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: webenginewidgets

Even though i do have libqt5webkit5-dev installed.
Is there any other diagnosis that i can perform for more insight?

If you're using QT 5.0+, then it'll default to QtWebEngine, which I guess you don't have installed. QtWebKit is generally preferred for performance reasons; you can force the use of that with:

qmake "DEFINES += PGADMIN4_USE_WEBKIT"

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com