Re: pgAdmin 4 v1.0: Problems with high dpi scaling on Win10

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgAdmin 4 v1.0: Problems with high dpi scaling on Win10
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 12:32 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 11:33 AM, Viktor Trojanovic <viktor@troja.ch> wrote:
>> On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 11:01 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi

>>> I think it's more subtle than that. Most of the dev team run Macs, and
>>> high dpi support seems to work fine for us. We have had some issues
>>> reported - but on my retina MBP for example, pgAdmin displays nicely
>>> at all scaling levels.

>>> Have you tried setting QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR? Does it make a
>>> difference on Windows?
>>>

>> I can confirm that setting the environment variable
>> QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=1, or 0 for that matter, makes no difference.
>>
>> I even tried setting the following parameters in your qt.conf:
>>
>> [Platforms]
>> WindowsArguments = dpiawareness=0 (and 1, and 2)
>>
>> without any effect.
>
> :-(. OK, thanks - I've added this thread to
> https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/1564 where we're tracking issues
> related to this.

I just figured out how to reproduce this on Windows - it seems like
VMware was confusing matters, but I can see the problem now. I'll
update the ticket.

BTW; whilst it won't affect the runtime titlebar etc. are you aware
you can use Ctrl+ (depending on your keyboard, you may need to hit
Shift as well to get Ctrl+ rather than Ctrl=) and Ctrl- to zoom the
display? That will allow you to get it to a usable size.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company