Re: The tragedy of SQL

От Martin Ritchie
Тема Re: The tragedy of SQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
The big advantage for SQL is that it has remained relatively constant and universal for ~40 years. There is effectively one major relational database language that you need to learn and that is that. Once you learn it you can transport your knowledge to nearly every other relational database environment. The big disadvantage is that it was developed 40 years ago and there have been huge changes in how we use databases and how we design language syntax. If we could redesign the standard with a clean sheet now it would be much better. But things could be a lot worse, at least it is not javascript.. gross!

Martin Ritchie
Geotab
Senior DBA
Direct+1 (519) 741-7660