Re: PostgreSQL 12 error unrecognized configuration parameter zbx_tmp.wal_json_res

От Arne Henrik Segtnan
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 12 error unrecognized configuration parameter zbx_tmp.wal_json_res
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

Thanks for the reponse.  What could the the potential consequenses of this error?
Is it something that can be ignored until fix (hopefully) is provided, or are there critical functions now not working?

Best regards,
Arne H.

ons. 6. des. 2023 kl. 17:21 skrev Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>:
On 12/6/23 04:21, Arne Henrik Segtnan wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We are currently running Zabbix 5.0 with PostgreSQL 12, and history and
> trend data partitioning.
> History and trend data housekeeping has been disabled in Zabbix.
>
> In the PostgreSQL logs, we get the following error:
>
> 2023-12-06 09:12:47 CET [3509536-5] zabbix@postgres STATEMENT: select
> current_setting('zbx_tmp.wal_json_res');
> 2023-12-06 09:17:47 CET [3516312-1] zabbix@postgres ERROR: permission
> denied for function pg_ls_waldir
> 2023-12-06 09:17:47 CET [3516312-2] zabbix@postgres CONTEXT: SQL
> statement "SELECT row_to_json(T) FROM (
> SELECT pg_wal_lsn_diff(pg_current_wal_lsn(),'0/00000000') AS WRITE,
> count(*) FROM pg_ls_waldir() AS COUNT
> ) T"
> PL/pgSQL function inline_code_block line 10 at SQL statement
> 2023-12-06 09:17:47 CET [3516312-3] zabbix@postgres STATEMENT: DO
> LANGUAGE plpgsql $$
> DECLARE
> ver integer;
> res text := '{"write":0,"count":0}';
> BEGIN
> SELECT current_setting('server_version_num') INTO ver;
>
> IF (SELECT NOT pg_is_in_recovery()) THEN
> IF (ver >= 100000) THEN
> SELECT row_to_json(T) INTO res FROM (
> SELECT pg_wal_lsn_diff(pg_current_wal_lsn(),'0/00000000') AS WRITE,
> count(*) FROM pg_ls_waldir() AS COUNT
> ) T;
>
> ELSE
> SELECT row_to_json(T) INTO res FROM (
> SELECT pg_xlog_location_diff(pg_current_xlog_location(),' 0/00000000')
> AS WRITE,
> count(*) FROM pg_ls_dir('pg_xlog') AS COUNT
> ) T;
> END IF;
> END IF;
>
> perform set_config('zbx_tmp.wal_json_res', res, false);
> END $$;
> 2023-12-06 09:17:47 CET [3516312-4] zabbix@postgres ERROR: unrecognized
> configuration parameter "zbx_tmp.wal_json_res"
> 2023-12-06 09:17:47 CET [3516312-5] zabbix@postgres STATEMENT: select
> current_setting('zbx_tmp.wal_json_res');
>

> This seems to be related to permissions-problem and missing/unknown
> configuration parameter.
> We found the following article describing how to set correct permission:
>
> https://github.com/bitnami/charts/issues/20247
> <https://github.com/bitnami/charts/issues/20247>
>
> Is this a known issue? Should we just perform the step according to
> procedure in above link to set permission, or will security be degraded
> as commented in article?

Or turn the DO into a full function created by a user with the necessary
privileges and use SECURITY DEFINER in the function definition to confer
those privileges to unprivileged user for the duration of the function
execution per:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/sql-createfunction.html

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

--

Med vennlig hilsen / Best regards,

Arne Henrik Segtnan
Senior Consultant

Tlf: +47 90415096
arne@basis-consulting.com
www.basis-consulting.com

This email contains information that may be confidential and is the property of Basis Consulting. It is only intended for the recipient it is addressed to. If you are not the rightful recipient you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use all or part of this message. If you receive this message by mistake, we ask you to notify the sender and erase all copies of it.