Re: Functions, savepoints, autocommit = I am confused !

От Tim Smith
Тема Re: Functions, savepoints, autocommit = I am confused !
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Well that was my problem, I did not know what was intended.

apt-get install mind-reading   ;-)

> 1) Look before you leap

I'm confused by this option ?

My script reads as follows :
perform app_security.cleanSessionTable(p_forcedTimeout,p_sessionTimeout);
select * into strict v_row from app_security.app_val_session_vw where
session_id=p_session_id and session_ip=p_client_ip and
session_user_agent=p_user_agent;
update app_security.app_sessions set session_lastactive=v_now where
session_id=p_session_id;

Its the "select * into strict" that's causing me grief, not the
"update",  isn't it ?!?

> 2) Act and then ask for forgiveness.
>
> You can have more then one BEGIN/END block in plpgsql. So you could put the
> update in its own block and catch the exception there.

I'll give that a go.  I thought it might be an option, but it was not
too clear from the docs whether the sub-blocks were treated as
seperate transactions when used within a function.

Сообщение: Re: Functions, savepoints, autocommit = I am confused !
Сообщение: Re: Functions, savepoints, autocommit = I am confused !