Re: partitioning code reorganization

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: partitioning code reorganization
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi.

Thanks for taking care of few things I left like those PartitionKey
accessors in rel.h.

On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 8:51 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> Here's a final version.
>
> The one thing I don't like about this is having put
> PartitionRangeDatumKind in partdefs.h, which forces us to #include that
> file in parsenodes.h.  I had to do this in order to avoid #including
> parsenodes.h in partbounds.h.  Now maybe that is not so bad, since that
> file isn't *that* widely used anyway; it wouldn't cause any unnecessary
> bleeding of parsenodes.h into any other headers.  So maybe I'll put the
> enum back in parsenodes.  Any opinions on that?

I'm fine with keeping it where it was, that is, parsenodes.h.  I can
see that parsenodes.h is pretty heavily included in other headers
anyway.

Also, +1 to moving compute_hash_value() and satisfies_hash_partition()
to partbounds.c.

Thanks,
Amit