Re: a misbehavior of partition row movement (?)

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: a misbehavior of partition row movement (?)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 2, 2020 at 11:32 PM David G. Johnston
<david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, October 2, 2020, Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Reporter on that thread says that the last update should have failed
>> and I don't quite see a workable alternative to that.
>

> To be clear the OP would rather have it just work, the same as the non-row-movement version.  Maybe insert the new
rowfirst, execute the on update trigger chained from the old row, then delete the old row?

I was thinking yesterday about making it just work, but considering
the changes that would need to be made to how the underlying triggers
fire, it does not seem we would be able to back-port the solution.

--
Amit Langote
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Andy Fan
Сообщение: Re: Improve choose_custom_plan for initial partition prune case
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: "cert" + clientcert=verify-ca in pg_hba.conf?