Re: pg_stat_progress_basebackup - progress reporting forpg_basebackup, in the server side

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: pg_stat_progress_basebackup - progress reporting forpg_basebackup, in the server side
Дата
Re: pg_stat_progress_basebackup - progress reporting forpg_basebackup, in the server side  (Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 11:24 AM Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 2020-Mar-19, Amit Langote wrote:
>
> > Magnus' idea of checking the values in pg_stat_get_progress_info() to
> > determine whether to return NULL seems fine to me.  We will need to
> > update the documentation of st_progress_param, because it currently
> > says:
> >
> >      *  ...but the meaning of each element in the
> >      * st_progress_param array is command-specific.
> >      */
> >     ProgressCommandType st_progress_command;
> >     Oid         st_progress_command_target;
> >     int64       st_progress_param[PGSTAT_NUM_PROGRESS_PARAM];
> > } PgBackendStatus;
> >
> > If we are to define -1 in st_progress_param[] as NULL to the users,
> > that must be mentioned here.
>
> Hmm, why -1?  It seems like a value that we might want to use for other
> purposes in other params.  Maybe INT64_MIN is a better choice?

Yes, maybe.

--
Thank you,
Amit

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: walreceiver uses a temporary replication slot by default