Re: Problem with default partition pruning

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: Problem with default partition pruning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 12:25 AM Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 2019-Aug-13, Amit Langote wrote:
>
> > Thanks a lot for revising.  Looks neat, except:
> >
> > +     * This is a measure of last resort only to be used because the default
> > +     * partition cannot be pruned using the steps; regular pruning, which is
> > +     * cheaper, is sufficient when no default partition exists.
> >
> > This text appears to imply that the default can *never* be pruned with
> > steps.  Maybe, the first sentence should read something like: "...the
> > default cannot be pruned using the steps generated from clauses that
> > contradict the parent's partition constraint".
>
> Thanks!  I have pushed it with this change.

Thank you Alvaro.  This takes care of all the issues around default
partition pruning reported on this thread.  Thanks everyone.

Regards,
Amit

Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade fails with non-standard ACL
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade fails with non-standard ACL