Re: pgsql: Add basic JSON_TABLE() functionality

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: pgsql: Add basic JSON_TABLE() functionality
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Fri, Apr 5, 2024 at 1:55 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I wrote:
> > We need to either nuke that ecpg warning entirely, or find a more
> > robust way of detecting whether the gram.y complaint is conditional.
> > I'll put a brown paper bag on my head before suggesting that maybe
> > we could pay attention to how far the errcode is indented.  Perhaps
> > a slightly nicer way is to assume it's conditional if any earlier
> > line in the rule starts with "if".
>
> The latter seems considerably safer, so I modified parse.pl along
> those lines.  Eyeball comparison of gram.y with preproc.y verifies
> that now ecpg will emit the warning only in rules where the backend
> unconditionally reports FEATURE_NOT_SUPPORTED.
>
> I suppose this needs to be back-patched.

Thanks for taking care of this and the missing .gitignore entries as well.

Just to make a correction to what I said upthread in reply to Andrew,
it seems like I did get the WARNING but missed it.

Wonder if, for consistency, I should change the coding so that the
FEATURE_NOT_SUPPORTED is reported in transformJsonTable() or
something?

--
Thanks, Amit Langote