Re: PG 15 (and to a smaller degree 14) regression due to ExprEvalStep size

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: PG 15 (and to a smaller degree 14) regression due to ExprEvalStep size
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 20, 2022 at 12:37 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> On 2022-07-19 20:40:11 +0900, Amit Langote wrote:
> > About that, I was wondering if the blocks in llvm_compile_expr() need
> > to be hand-coded to match what's added in ExecInterpExpr() or if I've
> > missed some tool that can be used instead?
>
> The easiest way is to just call an external function for the implementation of
> the step. But yes, otherwise you need to handcraft it.

Ok, thanks.

So I started updating llvm_compile_expr() for handling the new
ExprEvalSteps that the patch adds to ExecExprInterp(), but quickly
realized that code could have been consolidated into less code, or
IOW, into fewer new ExprEvalSteps.  So, I refactored things that way
and am now retrying adding the code to llvm_compile_expr() based on
new, better consolidated, code.

Here's the updated version, without the llvm pieces, in case you'd
like to look at it even in this state.  I'll post a version with llvm
pieces filled in tomorrow.   (I have merged the different patches into
one for convenience.)

--
Thanks, Amit Langote
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Default to hidden visibility for extension libraries where possi
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Default to hidden visibility for extension libraries where possi