Re: PostgreSQL 9.2 Log Help

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 9.2 Log Help
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi,

Have you tried configuring your PostgreSQL server for various needs
using postgresql.conf? It should be located in your server's data
directory.

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 4:22 AM, carlosinfl . <carlos.mennens@gmail.com> wrote:
> I performed my first VACUUM today on my database. I'm trying to learn
> PostgreSQL and learn about basic DBA tasks that need to be performed
> regularly so I can eventually automate this with Cron in Linux.

I think PostgreSQL's autovacuum would take care of most of the
VACUUM'ing required for the databases. Take a look at the tunables
available:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/runtime-config-autovacuum.html

> I'm currently running PostgreSQL 9.2.4 on Amazon Linux (RHEL based):
>
> Is there a way to control what gets logged in
> /var/lib/pgsql9/data/pg_log/postgresql-{$DAY}.log
>
> When I view my log for today (Wednesday) after running VACUUM on my
> database, I see nothing mentioned or noted in my logs as to if this
> ran / failed / passed / what the heck happened...it's like nothing is
> getting logged except start up status and auth failures:
>
> [root@db1 pg_log]# cat postgresql-Wed.log
>
> FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "postgres"
> FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "carlos"
> FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "carlos"
>
> [root@db1 pg_log]#
>
> Can someone help me understand how things / tasks / commands get
> logged in the database and where that would be?

Take a look here, you would find answers to almost all of your questions:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/runtime-config-logging.html

--
Amit Langote