Re: sql/json remaining issue

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: sql/json remaining issue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 9, 2024 at 8:37 PM Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 9, 2024 at 4:47 PM jian he <jian.universality@gmail.com> wrote:
> > the last query error message is:
> > `
> > ERROR:  no SQL/JSON item
> > `
> >
> > we are in ExecEvalJsonExprPath, can we output it to be:
> > `
> > ERROR:  after applying json_path "5s", no SQL/JSON item found
> > `
> > in a json_table query, we can have multiple path_expressions, like the
> > above query.
> > it's not easy to know applying which path_expression failed.
>
> Hmm, I'm not so sure about mentioning the details of the path because
> path names are optional and printing path expression itself is not a
> good idea.  Perhaps, we could mention the column name which would
> always be there, but we'd then need to add a new field column_name
> that's optionally set to JsonFuncExpr and JsonExpr, that is, when they
> are being set up for JSON_TABLE() columns.  As shown in the attached.
> With the patch you'll get:
>
> ERROR:  no SQL/JSON item found for column "b"

Attached is a bit more polished version of that, which also addresses
the error messages in JsonPathQuery() and JsonPathValue().  I noticed
that there was comment I had written at one point during JSON_TABLE()
hacking that said that we should be doing this.

I've also added an open item for this.

--
Thanks, Amit Langote

Вложения