Re: Huge memory consumption on partitioned table with FKs

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: Huge memory consumption on partitioned table with FKs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Alvaro,

On Mon, Dec 7, 2020 at 23:48 Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
On 2020-Dec-07, Amit Langote wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 12:05 PM Kyotaro Horiguchi
> <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Also, the comment that was in RI_ConstraintInfo now appears in
> > > RI_ConstraintParam, and the new struct (RI_ConstraintInfo) is now
> > > undocumented.  What is the relationship between those two structs?  I
> > > see that they have pointers to each other, but I think the relationship
> > > should be documented more clearly.
> >
> > I'm not sure the footprint of this patch worth doing but here is a bit
> > more polished version.
>
> I noticed that the foreign_key test fails and it may have to do with
> the fact that a partition's param info remains attached to the
> parent's RI_ConstraintInfo even after it's detached from the parent
> table using DETACH PARTITION.

I think this bit about splitting the struct is a distraction.  Let's get
a patch that solves the bug first, and then we can discuss what further
refinements we want to do.  I think we should get your patch in
CA+HiwqEOrfN9b=f3sDmySPGc4gO-L_VMFHXLLxVmmdP34e64+w@mail.gmail.com
committed (which I have not read yet.)  Do you agree with this plan?

Yeah, I agree.

- Amit