Re: remaining sql/json patches

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: remaining sql/json patches
Дата
Re: remaining sql/json patches  (Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com>)
Re: remaining sql/json patches  (Erik Rijkers <er@xs4all.nl>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Alvaro,

Thanks for taking a look.

On Fri, Jul 21, 2023 at 1:02 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> On 2023-Jul-21, Amit Langote wrote:
>
> > I’m thinking of pushing 0001 and 0002 tomorrow barring objections.
>
> 0001 looks reasonable to me.  I think you asked whether to squash that
> one with the other bugfix commit for the same code that you already
> pushed to master; I think there's no point in committing as separate
> patches, because the first one won't show up in the git_changelog output
> as a single entity with the one in 16, so it'll just be additional
> noise.

OK, pushed 0001 to HEAD and b6e1157e7d + 0001 to 16.

> I've looked at 0002 at various points in time and I think it looks
> generally reasonable.  I think your removal of a couple of newlines
> (where originally two appear in sequence) is unwarranted; that the name
> to_json[b]_worker is ugly for exported functions (maybe "datum_to_json"
> would be better, or you may have better ideas);

Went with datum_to_json[b].  Created a separate refactoring patch for
this, attached as 0001.

Created another refactoring patch for the hunks related to renaming of
a nonterminal in gram.y, attached as 0002.

> and that the omission of
> the stock comment in the new stanzas in FigureColnameInternal() is
> strange.

Yes, fixed.

>  But I don't have anything serious.  Do add some ecpg tests ...

Added.

> Also, remember to pgindent and bump catversion, if you haven't already.

Will do.  Wasn't sure myself whether the catversion should be bumped,
but I suppose it must be because ruleutils.c has changed.

Attaching latest patches.  Will push 0001, 0002, and 0003 on Monday to
avoid worrying about the buildfarm on a Friday evening.

--
Thanks, Amit Langote
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Вложения