Re: File System backup

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: File System backup
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 7:53 PM, itishree sukla
<itishree.sukla@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can any one give me more suggestion, about this problem. Every time my os
> got restart, postmaster.pid is missing. After that createing postmaster.pid
> is also not helping to start the server.  I am using postgresql 9.2 in
> ubuntu, with default installation. Is there any possibility i can take the
> Data directory backup, and install postgresql server, then restore Data
> directory. Will it work to get back my databases.

Can you tell what command you use to start the server and when you
issue it? Is that after OS restarts?) Did you, by any chance, use
"restart" whereas you should have used "start" assuming you are using
pg_ctl for the same?

Issuing "restart" requires that you should already have server running
(and that means postmaster.pid should be there in data directory).

--
Amit Langote

Сообщение: Re: Migration from DB2 to PostgreSQL
Сообщение: Re: Migration from DB2 to PostgreSQL