Re: problem with RETURNING and update row movement

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: problem with RETURNING and update row movement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Takamichi-san,

On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 8:26 PM osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com
<osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Amit san
>

> Hello. I've tested your patch.

Thanks for that.

> Just small comment about your patch.
> I felt the test you added in update.sql could be simpler or shorter in other form.
> Excuse me if I say something silly.
> It's because I supposed you can check the bug is prevented without definitions of both a function and its trigger for
thiscase. Neither of them is essentially connected with the row movement between source partition and destination
partitionand can be replaced by simpler expression ?

Well, it's true that the function and the trigger have nothing to do
with the main bug, but it's often good to be sure that the bug-fix
isn't breaking cases where they are present and have visible effect.

--
Amit Langote

От: Christoph Berg
Сообщение: Re: gs_group_1 crashing on 13beta2/s390x
От: Dilip Kumar
Сообщение: Re: INSERT INTO SELECT, Why Parallelism is not selected?