Re: PG 15 (and to a smaller degree 14) regression due to ExprEvalStep size

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: PG 15 (and to a smaller degree 14) regression due to ExprEvalStep size
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 22, 2022 at 2:12 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> On 2022-Jul-21, Amit Langote wrote:
>
> > Because I wrote all of it while not really understanding how the LLVM
> > constructs like blocks and branches work, the only reason I think
> > those llvm_compile_expr() additions may be correct is that all the
> > tests in jsonb_sqljson.sql pass even if I add the following line at
> > the top:
>
> I suggest to build with --enable-coverage, then run the regression tests
> and do "make coverage-html" and see if your code appears covered in the
> report.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I just did and it seems that both the
additions to ExecInterpExpr() and to llvm_compile_expr() are well
covered.

BTW, the only way I found to *forcefully* exercise llvm_compile_expr()
is to add `set jit_above_cost to 0` at the top of the test file, or
are we missing a force_jit_mode, like there is force_parallel_mode?

--
Thanks, Amit Langote
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: slot_creation_error failures
Сообщение: Re: slot_creation_error failures