Re: How to watch for schema changes

От Igor Korot
Тема Re: How to watch for schema changes
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi, Adrian,
Sorry for the delay to come back to this. I was busy doing other things.

On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 12:32 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:

> On 07/03/2018 10:21 AM, Igor Korot wrote:
> > Hi, ALL,
> > Is there any trigger or some other means I can do on the server
> > which will watch for CREATE/ALTER/DROP TABLE command and after successful
> > execution of those will issue a NOTIFY statement?
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/event-triggers.html

So if I understand correctly, I should write the trigger for the event
I am interested in.
And in this trigger I write a little SQL that will write the DDL
command in some temporary table.

I'm just looking for a way to execute this trigger and a function from
my C++ code
on the connection (either ODBC or thru the libpq).

And then in my C++ code I will continuously query this temporary table.

Or there is a better alternative on the algorithm?

Thank you.