Re:

От Loles
Тема Re:
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I don't understand why the server starts that process if I'm not using replication of any kind.

The server starts it with the default configuration of version 13.

I think that it consumes resources that I do not need because, as I have commented, I will not use replication of any kind.

El lun, 17 may 2021 a las 7:41, Dilip Kumar (<dilipbalaut@gmail.com>) escribió:
On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 12:18 AM Loles <lolesft@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Let's see if someone can answer my question.
>
> In a default PostgreSQL 13 installation, starting the server starts a process called "logical replication launcher".
>
> I know what logical replication is but I don't know what this process does on the server.
>
> Even if you change the default setting of wal_level to minimal, the process continues to start after the server is restarted so that it takes the change in the wal_level parameter.

This process launches the worker process for each subscription for
applying the logical replication changes.  It does not matter what is
the wal level, because wal level should be logical to create a
publisher but this is used for launching the worker for the
subscriber.  So in short this process will scan the subscriber and
launches the apply worker if there is no worker corresponding to some
subscription.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar