Re: pgAdmin, I love it but, hints are driving me crazy.

От David Harel
Тема Re: pgAdmin, I love it but, hints are driving me crazy.
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Sorry about the reply all.

I use 1.18.1 on an MS XP machine 34 bit.
I also had an issue with the mouse cursor theme that placed the
tooltip exectly where I intended to write and blocked my writing. I
fixed it by replacing the mouse cursor (I think the bad one was
"Windows Black (extra large)"). Still I would like to get rid of those
tooltips.

Thanks for your elaborate reply.

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 10:10 AM, Martin French
<Martin.French@romaxtech.com> wrote:
>> I can't find such option.
>> Here is an example: http://picpaste.com/hints-1Q3WhiOH.JPG

>> > When it shows you a hint, do you tick the "Do not show again" (or
>> > whatever
>> > similar remark is mentioned). This should stop that particular hint
>> > showing.
>> >
>> > Regards
>> >
>> > Martin.
>> >

> David,
>
> That's not a hint, but is a "tooltip".
>
> Tooltips are included in most GUI applications (and a lot of webapps too),
> and as far as I am aware, you cannot disable them in pgAdmin III.
>
> If you don't "hover" with the mouse (i.e. your mouse is hovering over the
> task bar), does it still show? They don't show on mine, unless my pointer is
> over the control that generates the tip.
>
> What version of pgAdmin are you using?
>
> (Also - please "reply to all" when replying to keep the mailing list
> included)
>
> Cheers

> Romax Technology Limited
> A limited company registered in England and Wales.
> Registered office:
> Rutherford House
> Nottingham Science and Technology Park
> Nottingham
> NG7 2PZ
> England
> Registration Number: 2345696
> VAT Number: 526 246 746
>
> Telephone numbers:
> +44 (0)115 951 88 00 (main)
>
> For other office locations see:
> http://www.romaxtech.com/Contact
> =================================
> ===============
> E-mail: info@romaxtech.com
> Website: www.romaxtech.com
> =================================
>
> ================
> Confidentiality Statement
> This transmission is for the addressee only and contains information that is
> confidential and privileged.
> Unless you are the named addressee, or authorised to receive it on behalf of
> the addressee
> you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else.
> If you have received this transmission in error please delete from your
> system and contact the sender. Thank you for your cooperation.

Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin, I love it but, hints are driving me crazy.
Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin, I love it but, hints are driving me crazy.