Re: Hot Deploy in PostGres

От Ishaya Bhatt
Тема Re: Hot Deploy in PostGres
Дата
Re: Hot Deploy in PostGres  (Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@infinito.it>)
Список pgsql-novice
I am trying to make some changes to the sorting code(C code of backend). In the process, whenever I make some changes, I have to run 'make install' again so as to compile and redeploy my changes to the server. Is there any faster way where I can deploy my changes without having to restart the server?

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 5:47 PM, Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@infinito.it> wrote:
On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 3:26 PM, Ishaya Bhatt <ishayabhatt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>      Is there any way in which I can hot deploy changes to the source code
> of PostGres to the server without having to run configure command again?

I'm not sure what the question really is. Well, configure is used in
preparation for a full compile, so if you are going to touch only the
source code without having to change any external dependency, then you
don't need to run configure again (but you have to compile the tree of
course).
What is your aim?

Luca