Re: Regarding GSoC 2012 project

От mukesh agrawal
Тема Re: Regarding GSoC 2012 project
Дата
Список pgsql-students
Hi Dave

Actually I was having my mid-sem exams, so I could not much related to the project, But in the meantime, I went through http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PgAdmin_Internals but I didn't get much related to the project.

In the project proposal, I had to answer about the project schedule(How long will the project take? When can you begin work?) but I am still not much clear about this question. Could you please help me in answering this question?
Could you also please suggest me about what I should do now related to the project to strengthen my GSoC application?

Hoping for a favourable reply.

Thanks
Mukesh Kumar Agrawal.

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 3:24 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 9:38 AM, mukesh agrawal <mkagrawal18@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave
>
> As per your suggestions, I went through some of the tutorials of wxWidgets
> and I was also able to run some of the examples given there. I have done
> somewhat Blackberry and Nokia programming in my networks course and  I found
> wxWidgets programming much similar to that.
>
> I also came to know that wxWidgets connects with postgres database using
> psqlODBC driver but in the irc channel of postgres, someone suggested me to
> use libpqxx instead, so I tried this and it is working well. But I didn't
> get any reading material related to wxWidgets using postgres. It would be
> really helpful if you please suggest me some reading materials which
> describe the same.

pgAdmin uses it's own database classes that wrap around libpq (not
libpqxx). They are very simple to use, and you can grab a connection
object from virtually any object related to a database in the app. See
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PgAdmin_Internals for more details -
the database classes are in pgadmin/db and pgadmin/include/db in the
source tree.

> Since I have used yacc for building 'parser for prolog' in my programming
> languages course, and Bison is much similar to yacc, I think I will be able
> to use Bison. But I have not much idea of how to achieve the goal. It would
> be really helpful if you please explain some steps.

I have no idea - I've never written a parser myself.

> Also in the reply, you have mentioned about VC++ project files and Autotools
> scripts, but I have no idea about this.

I can help there when the time comes.

It should be - but it's pgsql-students@postgresql.org.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

--
Mukesh Kumar Agrawal
Junior Undergraduate

В списке pgsql-students по дате отправления: