Reproducible "Bus error" in 9.2.3 during database dump restoration (Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS)

От Dmitry Koterov
Тема Reproducible "Bus error" in 9.2.3 during database dump restoration (Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello.

I have a database dump file (unfortunately with proprietary information) which leads to the following error in logs during its restoration (even after initdb - it is stable reproducible, at the same large table, the same time):

LOG:  server process (PID 18705) was terminated by signal 7: Bus error
DETAIL:  Failed process was running: COPY br_agent_log (id, agent_id, stamp, trace, message) FROM stdin;
LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process
and then, after recovery:
redo done at 0/12DDB7A8
LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections
ERROR:  could not read block 1 in file "base/57390/11783": read only 4448 of 8192 bytes at character 39

I think it could look like a memory corruption in PG? BTW 9.1.8 does not have such problem - the restoration is OK.

Possibly I could help with this crash investigation? How to do it better? Maybe you have a tutorial article about it which shows the preferable error reporting format?