Re: Proposal for CSN based snapshots

От Ants Aasma
Тема Re: Proposal for CSN based snapshots
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 6:09 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> However, I wonder what
> happens if you write the commit record and then the attempt to update
> pg_clog fails.  I think you'll have to PANIC, which kind of sucks.

CLOG IO error while commiting is already a PANIC, SimpleLruReadPage()
does SlruReportIOError(), which in turn does ereport(ERROR), while
inside a critical section initiated in RecordTransactionCommit().

Regards,
Ants Aasma
--
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH
Gröhrmühlgasse 26

Сообщение: Re: Proposal for CSN based snapshots
Сообщение: Re: Proposal for CSN based snapshots