Re: [HACKERS] Checksums by default?

От Ants Aasma
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Checksums by default?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 9:49 PM, Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@bluetreble.com> wrote:
> On 2/24/17 12:30 PM, Tomas Vondra wrote:
>>
>> In any case, we can't just build x86-64 packages with compile-time
>> SSE4.1 checks.
>

> Dumb question... since we're already discussing llvm for the executor, would
> that potentially be an option here? AIUI that also opens the possibility of
> using the GPU as well.

Just transferring the block to the GPU would be slower than what we
have now. Theoretically LLVM could be used to JIT the checksum
calculation, but just precompiling a couple of versions and swithcing
between them at runtime would be simpler and would give the same
speedup.

Regards,
Ants saasma

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Checksums by default?
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Checksums by default?