Re: BUG #15977: Inconsistent behavior in chained transactions

От fn ln
Тема Re: BUG #15977: Inconsistent behavior in chained transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Looking at the latest patch, the comment blocks on top of TBLOCK_STARTED
> and TBLOCK_IMPLICIT_INPROGRESS in EndTransactionBlock() need an update
> to mention the difference of behavior with chained transactions.  And
> the same comment rework should be done in UserAbortTransactionBlock()
> for TBLOCK_IMPLICIT_INPROGRESS/TBLOCK_STARTED?
I made another patch for that.
I don't have much confidence with my English spelling so further improvements may be needed.

> If it is too much a change and potential regression, then I think that the
> "and chain" variants should be consistent and just raise warnings.
We don't have an exact answer for implicit transaction chaining behavior yet.
So I think it's better to disable this feature until someone discovers the use cases for this.
Permitting AND CHAIN without a detailed specification might cause troubles in future.
Вложения

От: Fabien COELHO
Сообщение: Re: BUG #15977: Inconsistent behavior in chained transactions
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: BUG #15977: Inconsistent behavior in chained transactions