Re: [GENERAL] Developer GUI tools for PostgreSQL

От JingYuan Chen
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Developer GUI tools for PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I recommend that you can try Squirrel SQL.
(http://squirrel-sql.sourceforge.net/index.php?page=screenshots)

It is a SQL tool based on JVM. You can execute it whether on Linux or WIndow, even MAC.
It use JDBC to connect Database. So that you can install differet JDBC Driver to connect to different databases, such as Oracle (Thin Driver) , PostgreSQL (Pg JDBC), MS-SQL ( JTDS ) and so on.

Beside DDL oprations, I also use it to copy data in order to build sandbox environment. Select the table, Right click and Copy it, then Paste it. Only three steps to create a new table with data for test or development purpose. Some nice facilities I often used are rotated table, view metadata and monitor server performance. Yes, it can also export the data you fetched as Excel or CVS file.

Try it and you will love it !

Regards,
Chingyuan