to_char with locale decimal separator

От Ingmar Brouns
Тема to_char with locale decimal separator
Дата
Re: to_char with locale decimal separator  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I need to convert some numerical values to text using the decimal
separator that corresponds to the current locale. However, I do
not want to lose information by padding with zero decimals or
truncating zero decimals. So I basically want a text cast that
also replaces the dot by a comma. I've looked at the to_char
function and the formatting patterns, but when using those I
either add or truncate zero decimals.

# show lc_numeric;
 lc_numeric
------------
 nl_NL.utf8
(1 row)

# select 1.500::text;
 text
-------
 1.500
(1 row)

# select to_char(1.500, '999999D99999999');
     to_char
------------------
       1,50000000
(1 row)

# select to_char(1.500, 'FM999999D99999999');
 to_char
---------
 1,5
(1 row)

I would like to have '1,500' as the output, what is the best way
to achieve this?

Thanks in advance,

Ingmar