Re: How to join table to itself N times?

От Paul Jungwirth
Тема Re: How to join table to itself N times?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Okay, how about this (table names shortened):

create table m (d varchar(255) not null, v varchar(255) not null);
insert into m (d, v) values ('geography', 'north'), ('geography',
'south'), ('industry type', 'retail'), ('industry type',
'manufacturing'), ('industry type', 'wholesale');

WITH RECURSIVE t(combo, n) AS (
  WITH dims AS (SELECT DISTINCT d, row_number() OVER () AS n FROM m GROUP BY d)
  SELECT '{}'::text[], 1
  UNION ALL
  SELECT array_append(t2.combo::text[], m.v::text), t2.n+1
  FROM  t t2, dims
  CROSS JOIN m
  WHERE m.d = dims.d AND dims.n = t2.n
)
SELECT *
FROM t
WHERE n = (SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT d) + 1 FROM m);

Gives these results:

         combo         | n
-----------------------+---
 {retail,north}        | 3