Re: Procedure after failover

От Paul Jungwirth
Тема Re: Procedure after failover
Дата
Список pgsql-general
A bit more info:

> What if there were changes on the master that didn't get replicated
> before I originally shut it down?

It looks like Ubuntu's init.d script does a "fast" shutdown, i.e.
SIGINT on this page:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/server-shutdown.html

I can't tell from the doc what happens re WAL archives though. Is that
what the page means by "online backup mode"? My suspicion is that
because I shut down the master "fast", I'm going to have to wipe it
and then pg_restore it from the slave, because it might have data that
never made it out to the slave. Is that correct?

Thanks,
Paul

--
Pulchritudo splendor veritatis.