Re: Looking for some advise on training materials

От Paul Jungwirth
Тема Re: Looking for some advise on training materials
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Because the training budget is used up for this year, and I don't want
> to wait until January, I'm trying to find things that are inexpensive
> enough to get started on right away.

I'm looking forward to others' suggestions which will surely be
better, but I originally learned the basics of data normalization and
SQL from _Oracle 8: The Complete Reference_. Chapters 1-3 are a very
practical and easy-to-follow introduction, and are hardly
Oracle-specific at all. That's about 80 pages total. I'm sure there
are excellent on-line resources as well, but this worked for me and
made it very easy to pick up.

Good luck!
Paul

--