Re: ECPG bug: "unterminated quoted identifier"

От 1250kv
Тема Re: ECPG bug: "unterminated quoted identifier"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
When I assign the value "aaa\"bbb" to the non-host variable foo and then assign the value of foo to the host-variable bar there no error:

int main()
{
  char *foo = "aaa\"bbb";
  printf("%s\n", foo);

  EXEC SQL char *bar = foo;
  printf("%s\n", bar);

  return 0;
}

Result:
aaa"bbb
aaa"bbb

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 8:23 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
1250kv <1250kv@gmail.com> writes:
> void main()
> {
>   char *foo = "aaa\"bbb";
>   EXEC SQL char *bar = "aaa\"bbb";
> }

> ecpg sample.pgc -o 1.c
> sample .pgc:10: ERROR: unterminated quoted identifier

I don't really see a bug there.  While I'm not an ecpg expert by
any means, I'd expect the EXEC SQL section to parse quoted strings
according to SQL rules not C rules.  And under SQL, that's not
what you do to write a valid quoted identifier.

Сообщение: Re: ECPG bug: "unterminated quoted identifier"
Сообщение: Re: ECPG bug: "unterminated quoted identifier"