Re: increasing effective_cache_size slows down join queries by a factor of 4000x

От Artyom Shaposhnikov
Тема Re: increasing effective_cache_size slows down join queries by a factor of 4000x
Дата
Список pgsql-general
the row estimate became ~1000x smaller with the stat in place, so it
looks like it grossly miscalculates the query plans without the stats
for large tables representing M:M relations.

On Wed, Feb 2, 2022 at 11:47 AM Michael Lewis <mlewis@entrata.com> wrote:

> What does the row estimate look like on the scan of data table with that statistic in place? Anytime the stats give a
mis-estimatethis far off, I wouldn't expect that plans would be optimal except by luck.

> Index Scan using data_pkey on data t (cost=0.57..21427806.53 rows=58785023 width=131) (actual time=0.024..0.482
rows=854loops=1)

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: Can Postgres beat Oracle for regexp_count?
От: Imre Samu
Сообщение: Re: increasing effective_cache_size slows down join queries by a factor of 4000x