Re: PGLOG to be based on PGDATA please

От Hendrik Visage
Тема Re: PGLOG to be based on PGDATA please
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi Devrim,

On 16 Sep 2015, at 10:36 AM, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:

Hi,

On Wed, 2015-09-16 at 01:21 +0200, H Visage wrote:
based on my previous email, I've set my PGDATA to /Data/9.4/Bulk/
but I've also cleaned out /var/lib/pgsql/9.4 (no reason to have that)

Why do you think that there is no reason to have that? We need to have
a base directory for some stuff, even if you want to customize it.

Still, I think we can add PGLOG variable to service file and change
setup script to get the value from there. I'll put this in the queue
for new set of releases (likely due next month)

I’m a big supporter of the Debian way of handling the Postgresql clusters where
you have the configuration in /etc/postgresql/<version>/<clustername>/postgresql.conf,
 the data wherever you want (like /Data/<ClusterName> )and then the postgresql user in /home/postgres
For me I then don’t want multiple initdbs’s output in the same file (it might actually be executed
concurrently with something like ansible, and then I do want the different initdb’s logs split at least per custer
as I recreate the databases for new data loadings.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

---
Hendrik Visage
Envisage Systems / Envisage Cloud Solutions
084-612-5345 or 083-675-5506
hvisage@envisage.co.za