Re: getting a list of users

От Eric Smith
Тема Re: getting a list of users
Дата
Список pgsql-general
OK,

So I gave up on the universal binary, and just built a PPC version of postgres.  If I execute the command:

SELECT usename FROM pg_catalog.pg_user;

from within psql, I get:

   usename
-------------
 esmith
 radiovision
(2 rows)

Seems to work just fine.  If, on the other hand, I issue the same command from within the C API:

NSString* query = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"SELECT usename FROM pg_catalog.pg_user"];
postgresResult = PQexec(myConnection, [query UTF8String]);

I get an error, extracted via:

PQresultErrorMessage(postgresResult)

and the error message is:

status=PGRES_FATAL_ERROR error=<>

I'm connecting to the database through a host IP address, not through localhost.  So, why does this break?

Thanks,
Eric