Re: Granting SET and ALTER SYSTE privileges for GUCs

От Mark Dilger
Тема Re: Granting SET and ALTER SYSTE privileges for GUCs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> On Jan 26, 2022, at 7:24 AM, Mark Dilger <mark.dilger@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>
> Rebased:
>
> <v7-0001-Allow-GRANT-of-SET-and-ALTER-SYSTEM-SET-for-gucs.patch>

Hackers,

Joshua and I had some off-list back-and-forth on this patch and I think the attached v8 patch meets his needs.
Specifically,v8 adds support for object access hooks in the case of SET and ALTER SYSTEM SET of a guc variable.

The way InvokeObjectPostAlterHookArg() is written, it expects some things like a Oid that we don't always have.  I
abusedthe parameters of that function to pass as much information as possible.  Anyone wanting to review this might
considerhow that is coded.

Joshua, this is byte-for-byte the same patch that you already reviewed off-list (or I attached the wrong patch!)  If
youare satisfied, could you set the status to ready-for-committer?

—
Mark Dilger
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Вложения