Re: Unable to run createlang (or psql for that matter)

От John Gage
Тема Re: Unable to run createlang (or psql for that matter)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thank you.

The reason I wanted to use it interactively is, at base, ignorance.

I do not completely remember everything that happened when I installed
Postgresql (on Mac OSX).  I did it with the Enterprise installer,
however, that I do remember.

But what I begin to think is that *any* installation procedure for
Postgres should/must include a blocking requirement that the installer
set up a user account before the installation can proceed.

I would not even know that the user "postgres" existed had it not been
for the fact that I kept tripping up over lack of access with my user
account to the database (hence for example my placing files the
database needs to access *outside* my user account where "postgres"
can get at them).

At least I think that's what has happened.

As is true of so many things in life, I have tripped over a false
dichotomy ("postgres" or "me").  The reality is "postgres" and "me".

John

P.S.  Which is not to say that there are not false syntheses in life.
"Guns and butter" leaps to mind.