Re: [bug fix] Suppress "autovacuum: found orphan temp table" message

От MauMau
Тема Re: [bug fix] Suppress "autovacuum: found orphan temp table" message
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: "Andres Freund" <andres@2ndquadrant.com>
> On 2014-07-22 10:09:04 +0900, MauMau wrote:
>> Is there any problem if we don't output the message?
>
> Yes. The user won't know that possibly gigabytes worth of diskspace
> aren't freed.

RemovePgTempFiles() frees the disk space by removing temp relation files at
server start.  In addition, the temp relation files are not replicated to
the standby server of streaming replication (this is the customer's case).
So, those messages seem no more than just the noise.

With this, are those messages really necessary?

Regards
MauMau