INSTALLING POSTGRESQL 7.4.2

От Philippe VERSCHOOTEN
Тема INSTALLING POSTGRESQL 7.4.2
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hello,
I have been installing version 7.4.2 of postgresql through different
channels on my PowerBook G4 (OS X 10.2.8). The installation was each
time succesfull, but I am having problems to starting postgres.
At my latest attempt (after installation via darwinports), when I
wanted to run the initdb-command I'v got the following message:

–––––––––––––––––––––––
[PowerBook06:/opt/local/bin] postgres% ./initdb -D
/usr/local/pgsql/data/
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user
"postgres".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale en_US.

creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data//base... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data//global... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data//pg_xlog... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data//pg_clog... ok
selecting default max_connections... 50
selecting default shared_buffers... 300
creating configuration files... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data//base/1... FATAL:
invalid value for parameter "lc_time": "en_US"

initdb: failed
initdb: removing data directory "/usr/local/pgsql/data/"

It looks like all the other messages I have got after previous
installations.

I have been trying also with postgresql 7.3.6.
At that time I succeeded the initdb-command, but once I started the
database I got no prompt ?!
  If anyone could help me …
Thanks
Philippe