Re: join over 12 tables takes 3 secs to plan

От Hilmar Lapp
Тема Re: join over 12 tables takes 3 secs to plan
Дата
Re: join over 12 tables takes 3 secs to plan  ("scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
On Thursday, January 2, 2003, at 04:01  PM, Ron Johnson wrote:

> Could it be that PG isn't the proper tool for the job?  Of course,
> at USD20K/cp, Oracle may be slightly out of budget.

We are in fact an Oracle shop, but the application I tried to get
running (http://trackplus.sourceforge.net/) I wanted to run on an OSS
RDBMS so that I could easily move it onto my laptop etc (BTW apparently
it was primarily developed on InterBase/Firebird). Anyway, I was able
to cut the planning time for those queries in half by setting
geqo_pool_size to 512. However, now it gets stuck for an excessive
amount of time after the issue update page and I have no idea what's
going on, and I'm not in the mood to track it down. So finally I'm
giving up and I'm rolling it out on MySQL on which it is working fine,
even though I don't like MySQL to say the least.

    -hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org

Сообщение: Re: join over 12 tables takes 3 secs to plan
Сообщение: Re: join over 12 tables takes 3 secs to plan