Re: Which replication is the best for our case ?

От
Тема Re: Which replication is the best for our case ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Arthur Silva wrote on Monday, June 29, 2015 5:23 PM:
> Therefore, I'm asking if it's possible to duplicate my main database on a
> slave server in order to run these cron on this second server... then,
> replicate these changes on the main database (master).

> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/warm-standby.html ?

If you do it the other way around, a hot standby (see:  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/hot-standby.html) might work for you.

That is, your cron scripts would UPDATE the master server, and the Web site would do read-only queries against the slave server.

That’s for the built-in replication of PostgreSQL (sorry, I have no experience with the add-on replication solutions).