Re: Building extensions against OpenSCG RPM packages

От
Тема Re: Building extensions against OpenSCG RPM packages
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday, January 29, 2015 10:14 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 01/29/2015 04:36 AM, Holger.Friedrich-Fa-Trivadis@it.nrw.de wrote:
>> Hello list,
>> What are your experiences with OpenSCG's RPM packages?
[deletia]

>  From what I gather it is static binary package built against libraries at a point in time in a distribution that may
ormay not be in exact sync with the
> distribution you are running. Which is fine when you run it by itself. Then you try to 'merge' it with a package that
comesfrom another source.
> Most of the time the close enough rule will apply and things will work. When it does not you get the above. If you
wantless drama I would say
> stick with your distributions repo or use the Postgres RPM repo:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/redhat/
>
> Or, build from source.

Thanks for your reply, Adrian.  We certainly opted for less drama and gave up on the OpenSCG packages.

I just wanted to know whether my "statistical sample" of OpenSCG packages may have been skewed, and other people maybe
hadbetter experiences with building stuff against the OpenSCG packages.

Holger Friedrich