Re: What happens to a ResultSet when statement closed

От Andrew Rawnsley
Тема Re: What happens to a ResultSet when statement closed
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
A ResultSet is tied to the statement. The result set is closed when the
statement is.

 From the statement code:

    public void close() throws SQLException
    {
        // Force the ResultSet to close
        java.sql.ResultSet rs = getResultSet();
        if (rs != null)
            rs.close();

        deallocateQuery();

        // Disasociate it from us (For Garbage Collection)
        result = null;
    }

On Jan 12, 2004, at 5:11 PM, Warren Little wrote:

> Consider the following code
> ResultSet r = statement.executeQuery();
> statement.close();
> connection.close();
>
> What happens to the ResultSet r?
> What happens if I only close the statement, but continue to use
> the connection?
>
> --
> Warren Little
> Senior Vice President
> Secondary Marketing
> Security Lending Wholesale, LC
> www.securitylending.com
> Tel: 866-369-7763
> Fax: 866-849-8082

Andrew Rawnsley
President
The Ravensfield Digital Resource Group, Ltd.
(740) 587-0114
www.ravensfield.com