Re: Preventing index scans for non-recoverable index AMs

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Preventing index scans for non-recoverable index AMs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
It would be perfectly reasonable to add an amisrecoverable like Simon
described. It could automatically set indisvalid to false after a
crash and treat the index as if indisvalid is false during recovery.
That would be a lot smoother and safer than what we have now.

It might even be possible to do this with a new wal record type so it
only happens if there was a write to the index. I imagine most users
who read that warning and use hash indexes anyways are using them on
read-only tables where they know it's safe.

--
Greg