Re: create a script which imports csv data

От Marc Mamin
Тема Re: create a script which imports csv data
Дата
Список pgsql-general

...and have a few questions about the best way to do it.

> The csv data is automatically created from an external database so I
have no influence over which columns etc are downloaded.

> The csv comes without an fid field and has therefore no unique
identifier.

> How can I best create a table for the import?
>
> Would I first create a table without an fid and then after the import
create a sequence and add the sequence to the table, then somehow update
the fid field?

> could anyone show me the best way to do this?
>

> at the moment I am doing this...which makes postgresql throw an error
because obviously the 'fid' field is missing from the csv data!

> CREATE SEQUENCE fid_seq INCREMENT 1 START 1;
>
> CREATE TABLE Anlagenregister_Aktuell_2011 (
> fid INTEGER NOT NULL DEFAULT nextval('fid_seq'),
> Firma TEXT,
> Anlagenschluessel TEXT,
> Anschrift TEXT,
> PLZ TEXT,
> Ort TEXT,
> Bundesland TEXT,
> Energietraeger TEXT,
> Inbetriebnahmedatum DATE,
> Netzzugangsdatum DATE,
> Netzabgangsdatum DATE,
> Ausserbetriebnahmedatum DATE,
> Installierte_Leistung_kW numeric(11,4),
> Lastgangmessung TEXT,
> Einspeisemanagement TEXT,
> Spannungsebene TEXT,
> Zaehlpunktbezeichnung TEXT,
> Anlagentyp TEXT,
> Geographische_Koordinaten TEXT,
> Schalloptimierung TEXT,
> Biomasse_KWK_Bonus TEXT,
> Biomasse_Technologie_Bonus TEXT,
> PRIMARY KEY (fid)
> );
>
> copy Anlagenregister_Aktuell_2011 FROM
'/var/www/Anlagenregister_Aktuell_2011.csv' DELIMITERS ';' CSV;

Hello,

1st:

you don't need to create the sequence.
Just use

CREATE TABLE Anlagenregister_Aktuell_2011 (
fid SERIAL NOT NULL ,

with serial as data type, a sequence will be built for you in the
backgroud.

2nd:

in COPY you can list the the columns of the csv content:

COPY Anlagenregister_Aktuell_2011 (firma, anlagenschluessel, ...) FROM

As fid is not listed here, it will be filled by its default value
(sequence).

best regards,

Marc Mamin

От: Raymond O'Donnell
Сообщение: Re: create a script which imports csv data
От: Berend Tober
Сообщение: Re: create a script which imports csv data