Re: BUG #18178: New Restriction on "ON SELECT" rules on tables

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: BUG #18178: New Restriction on "ON SELECT" rules on tables
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On 2 Nov 2023, at 00:25, PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

> In investigating the issue I did find what is likely the related release
> note for 16 "Remove the ability to create views manually with ON SELECT
> rules (Tom Lane)", but couldn't find any related discussion of the
> rationale, suggested workarounds, or whether anyone else has yet run into
> the same class of issues (possible given the recency of the release).

The discussion which led to this change can be found in this thread:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CALDaNm2yXz%2BzOtv7y5zBd5WKT8O0Ld3YxikuU3dcyCvxF7gypA%40mail.gmail.com

While it might not contain any workarounds, it might at least share insights
into the rationale for it.

--
Daniel Gustafsson