Re: precautions/prerequisites to take for specific table

От Philip Semanchuk
Тема Re: precautions/prerequisites to take for specific table
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> On Nov 5, 2020, at 8:49 AM, Vasu Madhineni <vasumdba1515@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> In my organisation a newly built project application team requirement on tables like have a column (text type), with
sizecan reach around 3 MB, and 45 million records annually.

> Are there any specific precautions/prerequisites we have to take from DBA end to handle this type of table.

Hi Vasu,
Postgres can handle that just fine. We have a table with two text columns that’s 18Gb and almost 400 million rows, and
that’snot a big table by some people’s standards.

If you have specific concerns, you’ll need to tell us more about your situation and why you think you won’t be
satisfied.

Cheers
Philip

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: greater than vs between in where clause
От: Tony Shelver
Сообщение: JSONB order?