Composite Type : pros and cons

От Leguevaques Alex
Тема Composite Type : pros and cons
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,
I'm new to Pg and exploring its advanced functionalities for a project.
I find composite type very interesting, but what are problems/limitations ?
I'd want to create this structure for example:
Phone
Nom du champ
Type
Accès
Clef
Commentaire
typ_tel
integer

type téléphone (liste  25)
tel_pre
varchar(5)

Préfixe international téléphone
tel_num
varchar(14)

tel_ext
varchar(5)

Numéro de poste

and other structures for address and timestamp fields (creation and update timestamps.

Is it a good idea ? Are index, constraints possible/easy on subfields ?

Thank you