Re: [REVIEW] Re: Compression of full-page-writes

От Syed, Rahila
Тема Re: [REVIEW] Re: Compression of full-page-writes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

>Are there any other flag bits that we should or are planning to add into WAL header newly, except the above two? If
yesand they are required by even a block which doesn't have an image, I will change my mind and agree to add something
likechunk ID to a block header.
>But I guess the answer of the question is No. Since the flag bits now we are thinking to add are required only by a
blockhaving an image, adding them into a block header (instead of block image header) seems a waste of bytes in WAL. So
Iconcur with Michael.
I agree.
As per my understanding, this change of xlog format was to provide for future enhancement which would need flags
relevantto entire block.
But as mentioned, currently the flags being added are related to block image only. Hence for this patch it makes sense
toadd a field to XLogRecordImageHeader rather than block header.
This will also save bytes per WAL record.

Thank you,
Rahila Syed

Disclaimer: This email and any attachments are sent in strictest confidence
for the sole use of the addressee and may contain legally privileged,
confidential, and proprietary data. If you are not the intended recipient,
please advise the sender by replying promptly to this email and then delete
and destroy this email and any attachments without any further use, copying
or forwarding.

От: Vladimir Borodin
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade and rsync
От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: Re: NULL-pointer check and incorrect comment for pstate in addRangeTableEntry